Position Summary: The Technician is responsible for the fabrication (which can include one or more processes such as layup, curing, trimming, bonding or assembly) of composite products. The Technician needs to be able to work with both manual methods and use of hand tools and equipment to produce products according to defined planning and work instructions. This position requires attention to detail and a need to be precise and diligent in understanding and following work instructions.
- Be responsible to work as a team member to complete the required work in each cell.
- Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures, including the Quality Management System.
- Follow all written instructions, work instructions, travelers and procedures when producing hardware
- Understand and adhere to all environmental health and safety guidelines including all safety policies and posted signs. Always work in a safe manner – consistent with ACTA policies and procedures. Always correct an unsafe situation or report it to the Lead, Supervisor or Manufacturing Operations Manager if an unsafe situation is found. Always wear the required personal protective equipment
- Always fill out production records, travelers and logs as work is completed. Log and record material traceability information on travelers. Stamp and date operations complete on travelers when they are complete and the work performed satisfies all documented quality requirements. Do not stamp operations as complete until the operation has been completed
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of production work areas, ensuring that all tools, materials and supplies are returned to their designated locations throughout the day and again in the last 5 to 15 minutes of the shift. Return all tools and materials to their designated storage space when not in use.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvement, lean manufacturing and other initiatives. Recommend process improvements to the Lead, Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Manager or Manager of Continuous Improvement
- Positive attitude and striving to improve / learn new things every day
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
*AS9100 AS9100 Basic Training (Annual test required)
*INFOR LABOR TICK Creating Labor Tickets in INFOR
*INFOR T&A Time and attendance in INFOR
*METROLOGY Metrology (annual test required)
*MIX RATIOS Calculating Mix Ratios (Annual test required)
*POL/PROC Policies and Procedures Training
*QSP-753 Identification and Traceability
*QSP-755 Preservation of Product
*SAFETY Basic Safety Training
*WI-630-200 Clean Room Requirements
*WI-710-002 Proper Verification- Validation of WCT
*WI-750-201 Waterbreak Test Method
*WI-750-204 Debulking (Annual test required)
*WI-750-205 Bagging Parts (Annual test required)
*WI-750-209 Compression Molding
*WI-750-210 Layup of Prepreg Material (Annual test required)
*WI-750-217 Mold & Caul Sheet Preperation (Annual test required)
*WI-750-300 Install Inserts/Splice of Honey (Annual test required)
*WI-750-200 Part and Serial Numbering
*WI-755-200 FOD training (Annual test required)
*WORK ORDER CHNG Redline Training
- Mechanical Aptitude in the use of hand tools and good math skills
- The ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction
- Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
- Basic understanding of ACTA’s quality system and customer specification navigation
- High School Diploma / General Education Diploma
- Must be a Citizen of the United States, also may be required to qualify for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Maintain less than 1% scrap by revenue per year
- Meet internal on time deliveries of 98% or better
- Provide input and feedback by completing 2-3 CI Suggestion’s per month
- 100% compliance to all ACTA Safety procedures