This position is intended to capture interested applicants no matter the hiring status of ACTA. While positions with the company may not be immediately available, we would like to hear from you so as positions become available we can efficiently schedule interviews.
Applicants for this position will be considered for the positions below. Please indicate in your Resume and/or cover letter which area(s) and shift(s) you would be most interested in.
- Cut Table: responsible for equipment operation to cut sheet material into specified patterns.
- Layup: hand application of fabric material to tool surfaces.
- Autoclave: load and unload tools from equipment, remove cured parts from tools.
- Machine Shop: operate CNC machines.
- Manual Drill/Trim: manually trim parts to finished dimensions.
- Assembly: combine multiple parts using adhesive and/or fasteners.
- Tooling: clean, repair, and build tooling.
- Paint Preparation: sand, clean, mask and fill for paint applications.
- Painter: application of paint to parts.
The Technician needs to be able to work with power/hand tools and permanent fixtures to produce products according to defined engineering drawings and planning. This position requires attention to detail and a need to be precise and diligent in understanding and following work instructions.
On the job training is provided.
Shift: Day and Swing
Schedule: Typical shifts cover Monday - Friday (occasional extra hours as needed during weekdays and weekends)
Rate: $12.50 to $18.00/hr depending on experience (swing shift receives a $.50 differential pay increase)
- Shop area preference (Include in Cover Letter or Resume)
- Shift preference
- Complete application (work history, references, etc.)
- Cover letter
- Relevant pay expectation
- Relevant geography
- Work schedule match
- Interview will include the partial assembly of a small model
- Be responsible to work as a team member to complete the required work in each cell.
- Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures
- Follow all written instructions, work instructions, travelers and procedures when producing hardware
- Understand and adhere to all environmental health and safety guidelines including all safety policies and posted signs. Always work in a safe manner – consistent with ACTA policies and procedures. Always correct an unsafe situation or report it to the supervisor. Always wear the required personal protective equipment (Smocks and safety glasses)
- Complete production records, travelers and area logs as work is completed. Log and record material traceability information on travelers.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of production work areas, ensuring that all tools, materials and supplies are returned to their designated locations throughout the day and again in the last 5 to 15 minutes of the shift. Return all tools and materials to their designated storage space when not in use.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvement, lean manufacturing and other initiatives. Recommend process improvements to the Lead, Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Manager or Manager of Continuous Improvement
- Positive attitude and striving to improve / learn new things every day
- Help in other areas in the shop to preserve shop flow (As needed)
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Mechanical Aptitude in the use of hand tools and good math skills
- The ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction
- Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required (Weekends)
- High School Diploma / General Education Diploma
- Must be a Citizen of the United States, also may be required to qualify for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Must be able to switch priorities quickly
- Provide input and feedback by completing 2-3 Continuous Improvement suggestions per month
- 100% compliance to all ACTA Safety procedures
- Consistent attendance
- Completion of quality parts
- Contribute to a positive work environment