Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, additional hours as necessary
Salary: $70,000 - $100,000 depending on experience
Start Date: as soon as possible
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all new and existing equipment, machinery and facility systems have documented daily, weekly, monthly, annual maintenance plans and are always well maintained and operating properly.
- Assure that emergency repairs are completed immediately which will include weekend and holiday support as required.
- Coordinate all maintenance, construction, repair, and service contractors in support of equipment and facility repairs, improvements and capital purchases
- Manage all interactions with local, state and federal control agencies and utilities in support of equipment can facility compliance.
- Formally coordinate with production scheduling to schedule all non-emergency repairs and routine preventive maintenance to ensure 100% up time during productions run time hours. This will include weekend, holiday 2nd and 3rd shift time to ensure production up time.
- Maintain digital accessible and auditable preventative maintenance, upgrades and repair records and schedules for on all equipment, machinery and facility systems. (Utilize ERP and other information systems as required)
- Work with and make recommendations to corporate engineering team to facilitate production and installation of new equipment or capital projects as needed.
- Work with maintenance staff to troubleshoot equipment issues to identify root cause.
- Recognize and adhere to all best practices for safety (i.e. lock out/tag out, etc.).
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
- Management, Supervise and Development of the maintenance department and staff
- Develop staff job descriptions and conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Implement programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness and accompanying 5/6S levels
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance performances indices including asset utilization, up time, PM compliance, etc.
- Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problem
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance program can be achieved in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
- Provide technical training and guidance for maintenance, supervisors and employees on equipment
- Maintain and update all operational, LO/TO and training manuals and procedures; ensure that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most current version of all operational and LO/TO policies and procedures
- Participate in training and development programs including all areas of environmental, health and safety issues, especially those dealing with proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste
Education and Experience:
- 2 years in post High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial maintenance environment required.
- Knowledge and experience with general maintenance/mechanical systems, PLC, HMI’s and process controllers.
- Advanced knowledge and experience within a given specialty fields (i.e. HVAC, Autoclaves, CNC machines, programming, controllers, electrical, electronics, etc.) is required.