ACT Aerospace is looking for a driven, hardworking candidate to help elevate our business. We are hiring for the position of "Buyer" in our organization and need to fill the role quickly.
- Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability. Develops potential bidder list and initiates formal requests for quotation or proposal.
- Timely requisition of Materials (Defined Indirect, Direct, and Employee parts).
- Ensure accurate & on time requisition of all Short-Term materials while ensuring proper levels needed in order to keep up with changing production schedules.
- Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria. May complete supplier certification independently or as part of a technical and/or quality team.
- Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
- Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items. Selects suppliers for a variety of moderately complex or technical materials, supplies or services and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Work with Inventory Control to assess and track all inventory.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates inspections, substitutions, and standardization by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
- Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
- Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and customer service and to reduce costs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of increasingly responsible related purchasing experience.
- Certificate in Purchasing Management (CPM) or APICS desired.