|Title:||Assembly Technician (Day shift)|
ACT Aerospace specializes in the design and production of composite products supporting commercial and military aerospace programs. As a primary job provider in rural Utah, ACTA offers continued growth for employees within a growing company and in a locale that supports an outdoorsman lifestyle. We are looking for new employees with a willingness to learn, who are flexible, who will be reliable and who strive to improve and exceed expectations.
Visit http://www.actaero.com/ to learn more about ACTA process, capabilities, and customers.
ACTA is based in Gunnison, Utah.Employees are eligible for the benefits after 60 days:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (1st of month following 60 days)
- Life Insurance policies (including spouse and dependents)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Profit sharing bonus program paid out every 3 months
The Technician is responsible for the assembly of composite products. The Technician needs to be able to work with power/hand tools and permanent fixtures to produce products according to defined engineering drawings and planning. This position requires attention to detail and a need to be precise and diligent in understanding and following work instructions. On the job training is provided.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM-3:30 PM (Occasional extra hours as needed during weekdays and weekends)
Rate: $12.50 to $18.00 depending on experience
- Complete application (work history, references, etc.)
- Cover letter
- Relevant pay expectation
- Relevant geography
- Work schedule match
- Interview will include the partial assembly of a small model
- Be responsible to work as a team member to complete the required work in each cell
- Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures
- Follow all written instructions, work instructions, travelers and procedures when producing hardware
- Understand and adhere to all environmental health and safety guidelines including all safety policies and posted signs. Always work in a safe manner – consistent with ACTA policies and procedures. Always correct an unsafe situation or report it to the supervisor. Always wear the required personal protective equipment (Smocks and safety glasses)
- Complete production records, travelers and area logs as work is completed. Log and record material traceability information on travelers.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of production work areas, ensuring that all tools, materials and supplies are returned to their designated locations throughout the day and again in the last 5 to 15 minutes of the shift. Return all tools and materials to their designated storage space when not in use.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvement, lean manufacturing and other initiatives. Recommend process improvements to the Lead, Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Manager or Manager of Continuous Improvement
- Positive attitude and striving to improve / learn new things every day
- Help in other areas in the shop to preserve shop flow (As needed)
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements
- Previous construction or manufacturing experience desired
- Mechanical Aptitude in the use of hand tools and good math skills
- The ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction
- Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 4 hours min.
- Daily attendance is essential for this position.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required (Weekends)
- High School Diploma / General Education Diploma
- Must be a Citizen of the United States, also may be required to qualify for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Must be able to switch priorities quickly
- Provide input and feedback by completing 2-3 Continuous Improvement suggestions per month
- 100% compliance to all ACTA Safety procedures
- Consistent attendance
- Completion of quality parts
- Contribute to a positive work environment