|Title:||Autoclave Technician (Day, Swing & Night shift)|
ABOUT ACT AEROSPACE
ACT Aerospace specializes in the design and production of composite products supporting commercial and military aerospace programs. Capabilities include: hand layup, manual and CNC trim, aircraft assembly, compression molding, filament winding, CMM inspection, NDI inspection, and paint. As a primary job provider in rural Utah, ACTA offers continued growth for employees within a growing company and in a locale that supports an outdoorsman lifestyle. We are looking for people willing to learn, and who want to be part of a growing company.
Visit http://www.actaero.com/ to learn more about ACTA process, capabilities, and customers.
ACTA is based in Gunnison, Utah.
Why come work for ACTA?
- Quality of life Ability to live in rural Utah
- Opportunities for career growth within a growing company
- Continual technical growth
- Support military aviation
Employees are eligible to the benefits below after 90 days:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Company Match 401(k)
- Profit sharing bonus program paid out every 3 months
The Technician is primarily responsible for the loading and unloading of autoclaves and ovens used for curing parts, which includes the connection of thermocouples and vacuum lines within the autoclave/oven. In addition, the Technician is expected to aid in the removal of cured parts from tool molds. This process includes cleaning and seasoning the tool after demolding. The Technician needs to be able to work with power/hand tools and permanent fixtures to produce products according to defined engineering drawings and planning.
On the job training is provided.
Autoclave shifts consist of Day (Mon-Fri 7:00 -3:30), Swing (Mon-Fri 1:00 PM-10:00 PM), and Night (Mon-Fri 9:00 PM-6:00 AM)
Shifts: Swing and Night
- Swing: Monday - Friday 1:00 PM-10:00 PM (Occasional extra hours as needed, typically on weekends.)
- Night: Monday - Friday 9:00 PM-6:00 AM (Occasional extra hours as needed, typically on weekends.)
Rate: $12.50 to $18.50/hr depending on experience
- Complete application (work history, references, etc.)
- Cover letter
- Relevant pay expectation
- Relevant geography
- Work schedule match
- Loads and unload autoclaves/ovens using forklift
- Connects tools to autoclave/oven using thermocouples and vacuum lines
- Removes cured parts from tools
- Cleans and performs light maintenance of tools
- Performs last inspection of bagged parts prior to loading and curing
- Is responsible to work as a team member to complete the required work in each cell
- Understands and adhere to all policies and procedures
- Follows all written instructions, work instructions, travelers and procedures when producing hardware
- Understands and adhere to all environmental health and safety guidelines including all safety policies and posted signs. Always work in a safe manner – consistent with ACTA policies and procedures. Always correct an unsafe situation or report it to the supervisor. Always wear the required personal protective equipment (Safety glasses)
- Completes production records, travelers and area logs as work is completed. Log and record material traceability information on travelers.
- Maintains the order and cleanliness of production work areas, ensuring that all tools, materials and supplies are returned to their designated locations throughout the day and again in the last 5 to 15 minutes of the shift. Return all tools and materials to their designated storage space when not in use.
- Participates in and contribute to process improvement, lean manufacturing and other initiatives. Recommend process improvements to the Lead, Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Manager or Manager of Continuous Improvement
- Contributes a positive attitude and striving to improve / learn new things every day
- Helps in other areas in the shop to preserve shop flow (As needed)
- Aids in the refurbishment of small hand tools: pneumatic orbital sanders, cordless drills, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to rotate across available shifts
- Mechanical Aptitude in the use of hand tools and good math skills
- Ability to operate forklift (Willing to train)
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Must be willing to work overtime when required (Weekends)
- High School Diploma / General Education Diploma
- Must be a Citizen of the United States, also may be required to qualify for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Ability to be standing upright for up to 8+ hours each day, including stooping and kneeling
- Provide input and feedback by completing 2-3 Continuous Improvement suggestions per month
- 100% compliance to all ACTA Safety procedures
- Consistent attendance
- Support production schedules