|Title:||Layup Technician (Swing shift)|
ABOUT ACT Aerospace
ACT Aerospace specializes in the design and production of composite products supporting commercial and military aerospace programs. Capabilities include: hand layup, manual and CNC trim, aircraft assembly, compression molding, filament winding, CMM inspection, NDI inspection, and paint. As a primary job provider in rural Utah, ACTA offers continued growth for employees within a growing company and in a locale that supports an outdoorsman lifestyle. We are looking for people willing to learn, and who want to be part of a growing company.
Visit http://www.actaero.com/ to learn more about ACTA process, capabilities, and customers.
ACTA is based in Gunnison, Utah.
Why come work for ACT Aerospace?
- Quality of life Ability to live in rural Utah
- Opportunities for career growth within a growing company
- Continual technical growth
- Support military aviation
Employees are eligible to the benefits below after 90 days:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Company Match 401(k)
- Profit sharing bonus program paid out every 3 months
The Layup Technician is responsible for the hand layup of composite products. The Technician needs to be able to work with hand tools and equipment to produce products according to defined planning and work instructions. This position requires attention to detail and a need to be precise and diligent in understanding and following work instructions. Position is fast-paced and requires standing for extended periods (8 hours).
- On the job training is provided.
Shift: Swing I
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 3:00 PM-1:00 AM (Occasional extra hours and weekends as needed)
Rate: $13.00 to $18.50 Depending on Experience (Swing shift includes a $.50 differential)
- Complete application (work history, references, etc.)
- Cover letter
- Relevant pay expectation
- Relevant geography
- Work schedule match
- Be responsible to work as a team member to complete the required work in each cell
- Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures
- Follow all written instructions, work instructions, travelers and procedures when producing hardware
- Understand and adhere to all environmental health and safety guidelines including all safety policies and posted signs. Always work in a safe manner – consistent with ACTA policies and procedures. Always correct an unsafe situation or report it to the supervisor. Always wear the required personal protective equipment (Smocks and safety glasses)
- Complete production records, travelers and area logs as work is completed. Log and record material traceability information on travelers.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of production work areas, ensuring that all tools, materials and supplies are returned to their designated locations throughout the day and again in the last 5 to 15 minutes of the shift. Return all tools and materials to their designated storage space when not in use.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvement, lean manufacturing and other initiatives. Recommend process improvements to the Lead, Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Manager or Manager of Continuous Improvement
- Positive attitude and striving to improve / learn new things every day
- Provide 1 weekend a quarter to support deep cleaning of clean room
- Help in other areas in the shop to preserve shop flow (As needed)
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Previous construction or manufacturing experience desired
- Mechanical Aptitude in the use of hand tools and good math skills
- The ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction
- Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Daily attendance is essential for this position.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required (Weekends)
- High School Diploma / General Education Diploma
- Must be a Citizen of the United States, also may be required to qualify for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Provide input and feedback by completing 2-3 Continuous Improvement suggestions per month
- 100% compliance to all ACTA Safety procedures
- Consistent attendance
- Completion of quality parts
- Contribute to a positive work environment